The WFCA's mission is "to instill and develop in students communication skills vital for a lifetime of effective participation in a democratic society." To that end, the WFCA promotes the interests of Wisconsin interscholastic forensics by assisting in the regulation and improvement of forensic practices and by serving as a forum for the airing of opinions concerning forensic activities. Member schools receive notices of invitational tournaments through an official mailing list. The season culminates with the State Tournament, open to every member school.
In addition to sponsoring a full calendar of tournaments, WFCA offers training and program support. A Workshop for both students and coaches is offered each fall. A Spring Convention includes meetings and workshop sessions for coaches. WFCA officers and committee chairs are available to answer questions and provide support to forensic coaches. This Web site offers communication tools for coaches and helpful articles and links to resources across the Web.
Any Wisconsin or surrounding state high school is eligible for membership, and is allowed one vote in organization decision-making. Annual dues for each school year are $75. To join, submit to the current treasurer a completed membership form along with a check payable to WFCA. Individuals other than coaches may join as affiliate (non-voting) members.
Read more about the benefits of forensics for students and coaches...
Benefits to Students
- Builds self-confidence, poise and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Fosters cooperation in the spirit of competition.
- Recognizes individual and team accomplishments through awarding ribbons, medals and trophies.
- Presents opportunities to participate in invitational festivals, tournaments and the State Tournament.
for-EN-sics: n. the art of formal public speaking and presentation.
Benefits to Coaches
- Provides opportunities to meet coaches throughout the state and share ideas through an annual convention, business meetings and workshop roundtable.
- Extensive literature on rules, regulations and coaching techniques.
- Videos, workshops, developmental program advice and other valuable resources.